Banka,Bihar; 12 June, 2023:- Several people have reportedly fallen ill after consuming food at a wedding feast organized in Cheeda village, Chandan block of the district. According to information, the wedding took place on June 8 (Thursday). As part of the festivities, a feast was arranged for the guests, where chicken and rice were served. However, soon after consuming the food, people started experiencing deteriorating health conditions on Friday. Subsequently, many individuals, including more than 50 children and over a hundred women, fell sick. The situation has created panic in the village.
Since June 10, a team of doctors has been providing medical treatment to the affected individuals in the village. The health department’s team has confirmed that all the individuals have suffered from food poisoning. Some villagers have complained that the chicken served was undercooked, leading to illness among the residents.
Bleaching Powder Distributed Door-to-Door
Former village head Maulana Abbas Ansari mentioned that families affected by diarrhea have received assistance from the health department and police administration. The villagers have also extended their support to the affected families. Under the supervision of BDO Rakesh Kumar, bleaching powder has been distributed door-to-door to prevent the spread of infection. Additionally, SDPO Premchand Singh has instructed to organize medical camps and ensure the availability of necessary medicines, ORS powder, and other essential supplies until the infected patients recover.